- The Emerging Markets Small Cap Growth Fund will invest in small capitalization companies, which William Blair currently defines as those companies with a total market capitalization of $5 billion or less at the time of the Fund’s initial investment.
- The Fund will seek well-managed companies with superior business fundamentals.
- The Fund may invest in new companies, both through initial public offerings (“IPOs”) and private placements.
- The Fund will normally be invested in at least six different countries. Currently, emerging markets include every other country in the world other than the U.S., Canada, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore and most Western European countries.
- The Fund’s sector and geographic diversification within emerging markets will vary, based on the ongoing evaluation of economic, market and political trends throughout the world.